Sunday, February 8, 2015

Kai - Christmas 2014


I caught this picture of Kai opening a book that was in his stocking.  Not sure where he is looking but I think its over in the direction of where Papa was sitting so he must be looking to see what was also in Papa's stocking.   I love that we have kept the tradition for decades for even all the adults to get stockings filled by Santa.

I used the Feb 1st sketch at "The Studio Challenges"   I really liked that I got to use a lot of different patterns of paper for the layout.   I used mostly papers from the Authentique - Jolly  collection and also the stickers for embellishments from that collection,  the two pieces of red paper were from another Christmas collection but not sure what it was as was just in my scrap drawer.  
If you know my style I usually do a lot of matting on my papers and pictures, but this time left the picture as is and used either red or green ink around the edges of the different papers.

Be sure and check out the challenge at "The Studio Challenges"   HERE  and I have added the  sketch below for you to see.


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the sketch! LOVE your mix of patterned Christmas papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout! The papers are perfect together, the inking looks great and you did a great job with the sketch!

    We also still do stockings for everyone. It's the only thing that Santa does at our house since we don't have any believers any more!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute LO! Thanks for playing along with The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete