Friday, March 6, 2015

High in the Sky Kai


My daredevil grandson Kai, went all by himself on this ride.   He gets this from his Dad and Grandma and Great Grandpa because we all love thrill rides.    This is at the Ft. Worth Stock Show and the carnival there on Feb. 7th with his Mom while his Dad was in Maui, on the guy trip.

I'm so happy this picture was posted on FB so I could make this layout.   Plus I had the perfect sketch and paper.   I used the sketch at "The Memory Nest", it's the make it Monday sketch #35.
Then I pulled out my old collection from My Mind's Eye - Find Your Wings and Fly.   The paper and embellishments were perfect to use with the sketch and my picture.

Please be sure and check out this great challenge at "The Memory Nest"   HERE  and join the challenge, I hope you like this sketch as much as I did.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Barabara! Thanks for playing along with us at TMN! - GREAT take on the sketch!! I LOVE your layout! There is such movement in the papers and embellishments! - they truly compliment the feel of the photo! They make me hear carnival music, smell popcorn, and want to go out and find a corn dog for lunch! Tell your grandson he is a true daredevil! Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Barbara! this is great! I love what you did with the 3 boxes- they are the perfect setup! priceless photo- scares me to death to be in that thing!!! LOL Thanks for sharing this at THE MEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super photo - brings back memories of when I used to love the thrill rides! Great use of the sketch with all those ticket themed elements. Thanks for playing at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch. I love the paper you used the tent paper is so cute. Thank you for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun layout! I love how you did the title with different letter stickers and I couldn't agree more that this collection was a great choice! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, I LOVE your take on the sketch!! What a fun picture and you did an amazing job accentuating it with the gorgeous colors and embellishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Thanks for playing along with us at tMN!!!

    ReplyDelete