Sunday, May 22, 2016

Life is Better at the Beach


It's usually so rare to have pictures of our granddaughters from Orlando as they don't often post on FB but lately have been a lot more posted so yeah for me I have pictures to use for layouts for their album.   When we visit them every year I always take with me all I have made since the last visit.
And they just add them to the big album I gave them the first time.

I don't usually use a solid card stock base for my layouts but for this one using the new sketch at
"MY CREATIVE SKETCHES"  I thought it would work out great and I'm pleased with the final project.   Other than the card stock I used Carta Bella Beach Day papers.    I bought all the papers from collection because I just loved the patterns and colors and then I started thinking......we don't have any beach vacations planned and living here in Missouri there sure aren't weekend get aways to the beach so what will I do with it.    But now this is the 3rd layout I've made in the last 10 days using these papers so I guess it all worked out.    The title for this layout is even from the collection.   I just cut down a 12x12 strip to make it fit and then matted it in red.

All the different shell embellishments I used were from my stash and ones from old swaps over the years I've had.    I'm always thrilled when I get to use some from a swap or something old in my stash of embellishments.

Here is the sketch and you have until midnight EST on June 14th to enter and you can enter more than once, which I'm sure I'll be doing.    Check it all out here at   "MY CREATIVE SKETCHES"




1 comment:

  1. What a cute photos and page. Thank you for playing along with My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete