Saturday, June 11, 2016

Happy Birthday


Yesterday was my Dad's 93rd birthday.    I wasn't with him as I'll be seeing him in 2 days, but my brother and my daughter and son-in-law and my nephew went over to take him out to dinner and they also took a birthday cake with them to have for dessert.     They saw these candles that said 29 again, but was perfect they just reversed the number.   I had told them to be sure and take pictures for me so I could make a birthday layout and they sent me several.

I'm going to enter this layout in the    "SCRAP OUR STASH"   June 1st book inspired challenge.


From the title of the book I pulled the surprise part.    Because they did surprise Dad with the cake for his birthday.  He loved having his son and 2 of his 4 grandkids with him to celebrate.  I also have pops of yellow in my layout with my matting and some yellow in the kraft paper background and the washi tape too.   And I really do think the yellow does "POP" on this layout.

9 comments:

  1. Love the page!! Such a great take on our challenge over at SOS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge! Happy Birthday to your dad! Thanks for joining us at SOS! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge! Happy Birthday to your dad! Thanks for joining us at SOS! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and nice memory to document! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Our Stash and Happy Happy Birthday to your father!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the book cover challenge. Thank you for joining us at scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the book cover challenge! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DAD!! Beautiful layout and take on our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the book cover inspiration. Thanks for playing along with us at SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job with your layout! Thanks for participating with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete