Sunday, June 12, 2016

Smithville Lake


This was a big layout to complete for me.   I get to enter it into 6 challenges.

I started with the prompt for my reveal today at "LASTING MEMORIES"   with the continued theme of All About Me, this week it is 'Let's Take A Selfie'.    I am really not a selfie person, probably because I have short arms.   But luckily I took this selfie of my hubby and I setting on a picnic table out at Smithville Lake, where we took a drive to on one really nice day in early May.    Plus we took the convertible out and it was great to be out in the fresh air while walking around and while in the car.   It was nice to just have a different kind of day out with nothing planned.

Then the challenge #105 at "THE PAPER GIRLS"   is 'The Great Outdoors'   This was perfect for this layout because we really had a nice spur of the moment trip to the lake and enjoyed walking around a new area.   I had been there many time but my husband had never been there, so we circled the entire lake in the car and got out several times to enjoy the great outdoors.

Next is the challenge #30 at  "CHALLENGE YOURSELF"   I have to take advantage of this one because I don't often have pictures of myself to scrap since I take them all.   Besides having to use a picture of yourself the challenge was to use geometric shapes and patterns.   so I have covered with my circles and patterned papers.

For this layout I used the June sketch at DCWV and the Seaside Yacht Collection.  It was full of circles and the one picture but I added two circle pictures to show the views where we were sitting.

Next on the "PAPER ISSUES"  Blog I used 5 items from the 'Take 5' list.   I used the color white, color blue, patterned paper,  ink and a picture other than a person.

And finally I will enter this in my yahoo scrappy group "SCRAPPIN-N-CHATTIN" where one of the challenges for June is to use at least 3 circles on a layout and I have that one well covered.

Everything about this layout is rare for me.    Like  taking a selfie, using pictures cut in circles, and then being able to link this layout in so many challenges.     Plus I guess there is one more because over at another yahoo scrappy group I am in  "SCRAP WITH FRIENDS"  there is also a prompt to share every scrappy items you make each month.




10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Barb! I love the way you used geometric shapes here, and I especially like the photo! It's wonderful and so is your layout! Thank you so much for joining us this month at Challenge YOUrself. We are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your selfie layout. I need to have more photos of myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story and the layout, very clever with the geometric shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout oh nice touch with the pictures in the circles too :) Arthur needs to smile :) I have the same problem with selfies and short arms :) maybe a selfie stick is in order :)You did fantastic withe the sketch too. Well done on all those challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your circle shape photos! Great papers choice, your layout rocks! Thanks for playing along with Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout, love your circle design incorporating photos. Thank you for playing along with us at challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work! Love all the circles! Thank you for joining us at CYS! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous - I really, really like that you did those photos as circles too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i liked the circles in your proyect and the colors you used.
    Thank you for your participation with us in Challenge yourself.
    kisses. Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely page! Thanks you playing with Challenge YOURself!

    ReplyDelete