Thursday, May 4, 2017

I Love Us


My son's girlfriend posted this picture and I just love it so I had to make a layout for them using it.
Since they had words on the picture I wanted to use paper with words on it.  
Then I remembered the single page sketch for May at "STICK IT DOWN"   This picture would work great with this sketch.   So I probably went through 7 stacks of paper to find just what I was looking for.   Actually got the background paper from one collection and the black with grey word paper in another collection.    Since there was a red heart on the picture and also red words in the background paper, I decided that would be what I would mat the picture with.   To pull everything together and
help separate the two patterns.  I also inked the edges of the small piece of patterned paper with red ink and then after it was all together decided to ink the entire layout with red ink.  I think it helped pull it all together.

Here is the sketch at  "STICK IT DOWN"  and click for the link to all the May challenges.



7 comments:

  1. I love the end result, it turned out so great. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice layout. Your choice of papers was 'spot on'. They do look like they are enjoying themselves. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digging for those papers was totally worth it because your paper choices are perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your take on the sketch challenge. The colors on the page are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It`s a beautiful LO, thanks for playing along with us at SID

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic paper for this layout! Thanks for creating with us at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the perfect paper for this sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down this month... hope to see you back in June!

    ReplyDelete