Sunday, May 7, 2017

Now thats a Burger



This layout should really be called "Eat and Scrap"   Arthur grilled hamburgers for us for lunch today as tonight its left over smoked chicken from last night.     I had a simple cheeseburger with pickles but he created a mega burger.    I told him I had to take pictures before he started eating because I knew I was going to come in and make a layout.    I had in mind one of the challenges  at
"ELLE'S STUDIO"  for NSD.   Challenge #7 was to document a favorite food and be sure you use at least two of Elle's Studio products    I got all my papers from Elle's  Let's Eat collection  and also the journal card that I cut into a banner.   Only alphas and wood veneers aren't from Elle's.

Next I had to look for a sketch challenge I might be able to use with my pictures.   Per my usual scrapping mind while taking pictures I took both vertical and horizontal pictures not knowing what might be needed.    Does anyone else do that?       Well I found the perfect sketch to use two
pictures with the May 1st sketch at   "LET'S GET SKETCHY"   I thought it would show off my pictures just great and I could journal on one of the banners.

In case you can't read my journaling,  He started with his burger and added blue cheese crumbles to melt before he took it off the grill, then he added a slice of a fresh tomato,  some Vidalia onions that
he grilled also and a single piece of bacon.   But that is not all, while the burgers were cooking he asked me if I would slice off some of the meat from one of BBQ ribs we had left from Friday nights dinner.   That is what you see on top.   Of course for him he always has to have a pretzel bun for his burgers and then he found an unopened jar of maple-onion-bacon jam that he thought he would try as his condiment.    He loved it so that is all that matters.  I like my plain cheeseburger with ketchup and pickles and a regular white bun too.   So we were both happy.

Here is the sketch.   The links work above for the challenges.



12 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUM Barbara...perfect with this sketch! Thanks for joining in again at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely page! thank you so much for joining us at LGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - wow, that is a burger! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page!! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page! Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS an insanely huge burger!! Protein fix complete. Thanks for joining in with us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful take on the challenge, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy..... thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with our LGS inspiration this week.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so good, perfect fit for your photo. Thanks for joining LGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Fun page! Thanks for joining in at Lets get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a burger. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete