Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Pretty as a Princess




I really love these two pictures of my Granddaughters, Dylan and Avery,  they are so beautiful  with their blonde curly hair and sweet flowers.    I had fun working with the double Scrappy Friends challenge.
Combining the challenge at both "ROCHELLE SPEARS"  and "GRAND DIVA"

The challenge at "THROUGH THE EYES OF ROCHELLE SPEARS"  was the 1-2-3 challenge  and that was to use 1. Fussy cut item    2. Border punches   and  3 Patterned Papers.      The flowers, and leaf on the doily at the top of the layout was fussy cut from a corner of patterned paper.   I have two different border punches on the strips under the pictures and I used 3 different patterned papers.



Then the challenge at  "GRAND DIVA'S SCRAPPY PLACE"    was a sketch challenge and
that is the sketch I used for this layout.   All the papers came from DCWV Watercolorist collections, plus one doily, black card stock, black ink for the edges and some wood veneer and 3 little butterflies I had punched with scraps of paper.


I also have a bonus challenge to enter this layout in this week.   The week long challenges for
National Scrapbooking Day at   "SCRAP OUR STASH"      The May 1st  NSD challenge was
to do this combined challenge plus their added twist was to used mixed alphas.   I have 2 different mini alphas and then the wood veneer alpha in the word Princess.

One final challenge for this layout.     The first challenge for May at  "SHOPPING OUR STASH"
Challenge #301 - Back to Basics.    You needed to put away your dies and punches and templates and go back to fussy cutting.    That is what I did on the floral grouping at the top of the page above my pictures.   I fussy cut that from a piece of patterned paper.    Click above for the link for this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page and awesome job combining both challenges! Thank you for playing along with the May Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic LO! Love the pps, colors, cuts! Great photos, such pretty girls! They do look like princesses!

    ReplyDelete