Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Beach Kind of Day


Still working on old Cancun vacation pictures I found from 1995 and having so much fun.
This layout was a total creation on my own using the prompts from two challenge blogs.   I blended them together and came up with this layout.

"LASTING MEMORIES"  challenge #334 "Use Strips of Paper (or Washi) In A Big Way"

Next the Recipe Challenge #128 at "THE PAPER GIRLS"
I have seven strips of paper 5 vertical and 2 horizontal for the prompt at  "LASTING MEMORIES"
and at "THE PAPER GIRLS"  I have the four patterned papers, 3 different ones in my stripes and my background paper,  3 wooden elements, the 2 colored inks are shown in the inking of all the edges of my papers.  I used blue ink around background paper edges and the surf board paper,   then I used green ink on the edges of the two different floral papers and also on the edges of my blue card stock mat of the pictures.   Then came the hard part.  One stamp.   I rarely, like all but never, use stamps on my layouts.   I wanted to push myself and not wimp out with just a date stamp or something that simple.   So I started looking through my stamp sets and found this sentiment that I thought worked out great to use as my title.

Here are the links for both of these great challenges.   Have fun.

"LASTING MEMORIES'

"THE PAPER GIRLS"

2 comments:

  1. Love how you layered up your strips of paper. Fabulous beach layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great layout! Love all of the strips and you did a great job on both challenges! Way to go using a stamp on that layout - it is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! Lori DT

    ReplyDelete